Monday, August 10, 2009

Ways to do and not to do Blogger

I've been rather impressed with blogger's help directions and the ease of things. For example, do you know that if you want to move a blog from one google account from another, all you need to do is follow "How do I move a blog between accounts?" I'm just surprised that their knowledge base contain a question like this, and their application makes it easily doable as opposed to some hacks by users.

That said, I still wish that Blogger has static page built in so I don't have to go through hack like this one. But I guess that's against the nature of a blog (as a stream of consciousness kind of thing). But really, people don't just need to record events in their every day life. They need to be moored down by certain events in life... a good movie, a happy day, a memorable book. Static pages anchor things down. Every time I find a more or less interesting post in a blog, and want to know more about its author (to see whether it's worth the time reading the other posts), I wish there were static pages that the author chooses (or not) to present him/herself. And no, a simple "about me" page doesn't do a person's life justice!

No comments: